Latest Watch


"Beside" is a collection of watches from Casio. It is part of Casio´s Standard line. I have been looking at the designs, and recently I brought myself to buy one. Once I got it, I was pleasantly surprised with it.

The model I got is the BEM-503L-7AV quartz chronograph. Some factory specs:

1/1-second stopwatch:
Measuring capacity: 29'59
Measuring mode: Elapsed time

Analog timekeeping: 3 hands (Hour, minute, second), 3 dials (Stopwatch minute and second, 24-hour)

Accuracy: ±20 seconds per month

Approx. battery life: 2 years on SR621SW

Size of case / total weight:
BEM-503L : 46.5 X 41.4 X 10.4 mm / 70 g

WR: 50m
There are some details that do not show in the pictures, but in person, the dial looks beatiful. The second hand aligns perfectly with the markers, and fit and finish on the case is great.

I put it on a Hirsch strap, and I found I have been wearing it a lot lately. I bought the Casio Beside and an Orient Mako together. I thought they would be good "bang for the buck" pieces. Once I got both, the Mako was sold, while the Casio is a keeper.

Anyone else has any experience with the Beside line?
__________________

0 comments:

Post a Comment